Sunday, September 12, 2010

Katie Holmes doesn't have plans to get pregnant anytime soon

Marie Claire Holmes graces the cover of the October issue of Marie Claire. Related NewsArticlesKatie Holmes, Josh Duhamel stike a pose in pages of J.Crew's fall catalogNo hand-me-downs here: Katie Holmes lets Suri design own clothesKatie Holmes: Why marriage is the best thing that ever happened to herKatie adjusts height for Tom, but no one elseKatie Holmes spends a few minutes with fans'Romantics' stars Holmes, Akerman and Strong took chilly plunge during filming

Katie Holmes may be killing the hopes and dreams of fans who have been relentlessly circulating pregnancy rumors around Mr. and Mrs. Tom Cruise.

In an interview with the October issue of Marie Claire, the 31-year-old actress says she has no intention to make 4-year-old daughter Suri a big sister anytime soon.

Despite not having imminent plans to do so, Holmes says she is open to the idea of having more children in the future.

"Maybe in a couple of years, but right now I want to make sure I'm really there for Suri," she says.

Holmes, who stars in the upcoming "The Romantics," points out that her decision to wait has a lot to do with her own upbringing and idea of familial structure and parental involvement.

"I'm the youngest in my family. My closest sister is five years older than me, and the next one is nine years ahead of me, so I was a bit of an only child, and I liked it!" she says. "I liked having all of my mom's attention, and sometimes I think I still do."

She also dishes on her parenting strategy with Suri, who is homeschooled and often goes to work with Holmes.

"We wake up, and we do the same thing. She does her chores. I think it's very important. If she doesn't get her chores done, I notice she's not really herself. She has to make her bed, she has to take her dishes to the sink, she has to put her clothes in the laundry you know, that basic stuff," she went on. "I try to do what my mom did for me."

As for her marriage to superstar Tom Cruise, Holmes says the busy lovebirds never go a week and a half without seeing each other.

On what it's like to be Mrs. Tom Cruise, she says, "It's really exciting. Tom's as big at home as he is on the movie screen. He's so passionate about everything, whatever he's doing. When he's being a dad, he's right there; he's giving it his all."

She adds, "It's inspiring and it's fun. It's an amazing life, but we always remind ourselves of how incredibly lucky we are."

Share EmailPrintYou may also be interested in: Ads by Yahoo! Photo Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment